Sunday, July 26, 2009


Well now that I am feeling better I can write on here!! The Bauer Clan made a big trip to Kansas last week!! A few of my cousins, sister and Brayden, Layton and I decided we could drive through the night. We left shortly after I got home from volleyball because I wouldn't miss a game unless I was REALLY sick..(I'll get to that in the next entry!). Off we went... stopped in Mankato to pick up Megan and then the trip began, only for a brief stop in Minnesota Lake where the Festag festivle was taking place. I think that sneaky cop thought I was a drunk because shortly after leaving the city limits I was pulled over for going a few miles per hour over the speed limit, once we noticed I had kids in the car and were on a road trip he let us go with a warning and we were uninterupted the rest of the way! We made a few pit stops along the way but nothing major, I drove most the trip until maybe the last hour and a half then I had to let someone else drive.. It was hard giving up that control. Anyways, we made it there safely. We spent the next few days hanging out with the family. It was a lot of fun until Saturday (day of the wedding) when we decided to go shopping. I was starting to get a sore throat but didn't think much of it, I was bong and determinded to have a good time! So we went to the mall, Layton acted like a two year old so I was starting to get frustrated plus I was slowly starting to feel worse and worse, AND THEN, I watch Allison get her ears pierced and I think that was the icing on the cake.. I found my mom and the rest of the gang and sat down to eat with them, after debating if I was really hungry I decided Layton looked hungry and was off to get him some pizza, I ordered and was waiting to pay when it HIT ME, I was about to pass out. I called me sister over but she thought I was doing some funny wave and waved back to me. I then did the "GET OVER HERE NOW" Wave and she came over and took care of my bill since I was on the verge of falling over right there in the food court. Thank the Good Lord I made it to my table, put my head down and prayed to GOd I didn't spew all over the place.. I felt more light headed than anything. I was told I was as white as a Ghost and insisted we LEAVE NOW. I took a little sip of 7up and then had enough energy to walk to the car. I had to get better!!! the big wedding was that evening.. how could I make the 10 hour trip for this wedding and get SICK!! I survived the wedding and was feeling ok, (lots of cold medicine). Had a few bits to eat at the reception and t hen Kt and I decided to take the boys back to the hotel so the babysitters could come, but once I got to the hotel I knew there was no going back to the dance for me. I was totally bummed but i felt so crappy it was a good choice to stay away from there. The boys and I went to bed and I was feeling worse and worse!!! Everyone had a great time at the wedding while I caught my Zzzzz's! Sunday I got up with an extremely sore throat and a very sore neck. I knew it was time to go, so once I rounded up the gang, made a quick stop in Augusta to stay good bye and we were off, back to MN and the LONGEST 10 hour car ride of my life!!!!! I was in so much pain it was horrible, once we arrived in MN my mom met me at my cousins house and took me straight to the ER were I spent the next 3.5 hours, IV, Blood Tests and a lot of waiting around. Finally a dr came in and told me I had Influenza, she mentioned the swine flu but we will never know if thats what I had or not. They do not test people who aren't dying. All she gave me was some pain meds and I was sent home! The next few days consisted of lots of sleeping and missing my children!!!

No comments: