Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Attitude

This morning I had a really bad attitude!! First I was expecting a snow day and when that didn't happen everything else seemed to go down hill. I decided to start the van about 20 minutes early so it would be nice and toasty for the boys. When I came back inside I finished getting ready and then got the boys coats and boats on and went to bring them to the van and I can't get the doors open! So I bring the boys back inside and procede to pull, pound, and shake the doors open. Without luck I turn to the next option, the blow dryer. I plug it in but I can only reach about 1% of the van door. So I get mad and put the blow dryer down and continue to bang on the doors. I finally get one door open and squeeze both the boys in it. At this point I was feeling really crummy! So. on to mission #2, trying to barrel my way out of the drifted driveway. It was my moms SMART idea to just gun it and try to make my way through. So I gun it and get stuck.. Now i'm really mad! I call my cousin Travis to see if he can help me and Thank Goodness he was in town AND had a shovel in his car!! Thank you Travis, I love you!! Haha.. So My morning started off really bad and I was very cranky! I got my daily coffee and headed to work. I was leaving 2nd hour when I see this quote hanging on the teachers door, titled Attitude By Charles Swindoll. (Read below). The rest of day went great!! All because I had a new look at Attitude! And my day got better when I received word that the Twins Home Opener tickets arrived!!!

ATTITUDE
by: Charles Swindoll
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

No comments: