Friday, August 22, 2008

Layton and Mommy's Birthday Date!











































Last night a bunch of us girls (cousins) went out for my cousin Megan and my birthdays! We were going to to go Buffalo Wild Wings but it was a 40 minute wait and we had the boys with so we stuck with the family tradition and went to Good Ole Happy Joe's! I'm glad we did because Brayden and Layton were entertained with all the fun stuff there!!! We had our taco pizza (YUMMY) and Megan and I got the famous birthday horn with a free clown sundae. If it's your birthday the waitresses come over to your table and announce to the whole restaurant that it's your birthday and that everyone should sing along. They told everyone our age (20 and 23) and everyone clapped and they sang happy birthday and honked the horn and the tradition is still going strong, 23 year later!!!! I'm surprised they didn't check our Id's just to make sure we weren't lying just to get a free sundae!!! I love those sundaes and I plan on spending more of my birthdays at Happy Joe's along with my boys birthdays!!

I called last night Layton and Mommy's Date Night because it seems with breastfeeding and just trying to take care of a newborn that I don't get to spend much time with Layton anymore. Of course we still hang out when Lane is sleeping but it's not like it used to be. So last night was so special for us because we had some major bonding time and it was so much fun! Layton was such a good boy the whole night!!! I am looking forward to more one on one time with him...(Next Saturday when we go to the state fair!!) That's all for now. I'm going to try and get as much sleep as I can today since I am a walking zombie right now!!!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

No comments: