Saturday, June 7, 2008

All partied out!

What a long, fun day!!! We had Layton's 1st birthday party today!! I'm glad everything worked out because I was a little worried when I woke up this morning to thunder!! But the day ended up turning out great, a little warm for me, but otherwise perfect!! I think Layton had a blast too, he was covered in dirt from head to toe, and was sleeping by the time we made it back into town. Of course he is up talking in his crib right now but he will soon fall asleep again..well I hope anyways!!! We had TONS of food! Brats, hot dogs, BBQ's, taco salad, fresh fruit, beans, chips, lemonade, and tons of desserts!! The best part of the whole day was the "smash" cake..(pictures below!), He wasn't so sure about it at first, until...he tasted the frosting!! Then frosting hit the ceiling! Literally! He had a BLAST digging into his first birthday cake! My cousin Myranda carried him to Heather and Travis' house where I had to rinse him off then give him a bath! He had frosting in his hair, ears and nose! He really didn't want to get out of the bath and rejoin his party!! So I left his clothes off and took him back to the party. We did manage to get a tank top on but no pants for the rest of the day! He opened presents.. well until he got a fire truck from the Wingen's and then he would have cared less about the other gifts. I opened them for him while he was playing with his new truck!! Told ya he loves trucks! He was a very dirty and tired boy by the end of the day! He too a short 30 minute nap and then he was up and ready to go..well kinda.. He was crabby for a while but he soon joined his party again!! I'm glad this day is over just because I stress about organizing a party, but it was such a special day for my little man and I am looking forward to many more birthdays!!

Baseball cake Mary Nelson made for Layton!

Smash Cake

check this out..NO HANDS!!!

WOW that is some good cake!

Tunnel from Abby
I'm off to bed!! I can't keep my eyes open.. I hope my little man is sleeping!!!

No comments: