Monday, June 9, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAYTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was Layton's real birthday!! Time sure flies when your having fun! This whole year has been a blast and I couldn't have asked for a better boy to share it with!!!! We have had our ups and downs (well Mommy has) but today we had an awesome reason to celebrate!! I couldn't think of anything fun to do in Winthrop (Gas prices are killing me!) so we just stayed and home and played outside. This morning he woke up at 3:30am! Of course he would..it's his birthday! So I let him sleep with me the rest of the night.. I finally fell asleep around 5am and Layton was up and ready to go by 7:15!!! He got to have blueberry pancakes and fruit loops for breakfast (awesome huh?) and around 9 he was ready for a morning nap (just because he was up for an hour in the middle of the night!!) He slept until 11 then it was time for dinner. I took him to the drive in where he got a corn dog and a strawberry milk shake! He loved it!!! He got to drink it from a big boys cup too!!! Then we went on a short walk and played outside until it was nap time..ha!! Yeah right, the birthday boy isn't going to nap on his big day! I layed him in his crib with baby einstein on because that usually helps him sleep.. NOT TODAY! He was laying in there all quiet, my mom and I both checked on him and we were convinced he was sleeping. I go back in there a little while later and he is sitting up playing!!! I said heck with the nap and he got to come out and play with Allison and Brayden. Grandma Jenny made spaghetti for supper and then it was off to the farm for Layton's first campfire. We made smores and he got his first smore too!!! What a lucky boy!! All in All it was a great day!!! He won't remember any of it but I will and I have pictures to show him!!!!! Well I'm off to bed, I hope to get more sleep tonight! After all he is 1 and he should be sleeping well by now... but i'm not going to hold my breath!

No comments: