Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Before I was a Mom!



He truly does amaze me. today I ventured out with both boys to the store. I get in and out just fine, it's while I'm putting Lane in the car that Layton takes off. I catch him before he can get too far and he is resisting my attemp to hold Of course there are some tears but he manages to get up and shake it off.. then we get home and he is talking away like normal.."DOWN..WAA WAA" He is saying he fell down in the water!! I was so shocked that he made a sentence..well kinda, but he was sure trying!!!

I also want to share this poem with you.. I got it in an e-mail and it could not have been written any better! I forgot what life was like before I had kids.. Seriously what did I do with all that time on my hands! Sometimes I might wish for a vacation but I wouldn't trade my job for the world!! Even when it talks about plants being poisonous, who would seriously think about that if you weren't a mom, I know I checked into that before Layton came along!! Enjoy Moms!

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a
Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a
Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel

to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.
Before
I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a
Mom.

No comments: